Monday, June 25, 2012

Bits and Pieces: Jayden

These are scenes, lines and ideas that randomly came to me. (involving Jayden in this post) Don't make sense? Gonna have to read the book to find out!

Disclaimer: Don't know if these scene's and/or lines will be in the book.





"You'll be working in here." Zang motioned with is arm to a large training room that looks just as you'd expect, swords on one wall, a thick mat on the floor, punching bags and a few benches scattered around.

I smirked and glanced at Ash. "Better than the kitchen."  I set my bag down on the floor as the pair moved off into the next room. If this is where I would be spending a good portion of my time, I needed to get familiar with it. My eyes swept the room and rested on a legion tribe sword, I reached up to touch the engraved blade.

"Don't touch that!" I spun around, a boy around my age stood a few feet away with his arms crossed.

"Sorry." My hand dropped to my side. "I'm new here, my names Lexi." I mustered the best smile I could and offered my hand out, he brushed past me with hardly a second look.

"Jayden." He grabbed the sword I had been admiring, flipped it in the air and caught it. "Don't talk to me."

"Trust me, that won't be an issue." I bit my lip as my face scrunched in a insulting face as Jayden's back turned.  I watched him practice a set of steps, lunges, and swings, on thin air. "You know that would be a lot more impressive if you were actually fighting someone."

Jayden stiffened and turned to face me. "Oh, your still here?"

I frowned at him. "And your still a jerk?" His eyes narrowed and he pointed at the door with his sword.

"Get. Out."

I almost muttered a defiant "make me". But who was I to question the man with the sword.




"So are you going to go see your old man?"

"Get out of here Jayden." I threw my other boot in his direction.

"Fine." He dodged the shoe with ease. "I won't give you any help."

I glanced up. "What's the catch?"

"No catch."

"There's always a catch."

 "Not this time." Jayden shrugged.




"Here. You get to clean the equipment." Jayden dumped fencing equipment in my lap, on top of the book I was reading.

"I only wish I could have gotten you something sir." I gave Jayden a steely glare as I set my book aside.




Ash's hands quivered, and the tray of sweetened gelatin dessert shook like a hairless cat.

"Whats wrong Ash?"

"That man over there."

"Yeah, what about him?" I brushed flour off my apron.

"He has blue hair."

I stared at Ash for a moment. "Alright... The man has blue hair. Regardless I'm sure he'd like his food sometime today."

Ash remained unresponsive.

"I'll handle this one Sarg." I whisked the tray from his hands and walked into the dinning room.

"Ah, Miss Netherwood." Krale gave me a sickeningly sweet smile. "I hope you aren't Miss Butterfingers today."

"Not today Sir." I whisked the tray down in the middle of the table. "That already happened in the kitchen." I wiped some flour from my cheek.

"You have a little flour on your-" Jayden tapped his nose then paused. "Well everywhere." He smirked.

I smiled and gave a slight nod of my head. "According to some people I'm a little to sweet, so I thought a little flour might tone it down. Do you think it helped at all Mr. Darison?" A few people snickered quietly and I smiled.

"Your excused Miss Netherwood." said Krale.

"Thank you sir." I curtsied and walked to the door, leaving puffs of flour in my leave.



"Stop it." Jayden's voice brought my back from my thoughts.

"I'm not doing anything." I looked up from my book, my finger resting on the page where I paused.

Jayden smirked and crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned back. "Your thinking to hard. I can smell your brain burning all the way over here."

I rolled my eyes, this was not a time for fun and games. "I have to figure a way out of this." Though my tone was serious a smile danced across my lips for a moment before twitching into a frown.

"Or you could wing it." Jayden flipped a pen up in the air, in a manner much like his arrogant swordsman style. "As always." He caught the pen with exaggerated grace.

I shook my head, my mind flirting to Ash. "No... I can't take risks this time. It has to be perfect." I bit on the end of my pencil. "No mistakes."



Jayden is one of my favorite characters. :) Though I say that about nearly all my characters...

Which Jayden scene is your favorite?


3 comments:

  1. I love your writing! When can I buy your book? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! :D Hm.. Hopefully sometime next year! (Though I'd give you a copy, you wouldn't have to buy it. :) )

      Delete
  2. I also love this character. He is very interesting and fun to write about too, I'm sure! I think that my favorite "tidbit" is probably the last one.....

    He and Lexi have a very "love-hate" relationship, if you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete