Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bits and Pieces: Dandin

Dandin, Lexi's serious, dependable twin brother.

This one is for Keely, a fellow One-Day-Author, (seriously she will be an author one day) who told me that Dandin was her favorite. :)

If the scene/line doesn't make sense. Your gonna have to read the book to find out!

Disclaimer: Don't know if these scene's and/or lines will be in the book.

NOTE: These are more for trying characters out (how the interact with each other) than anything. So some situations will probably not be in the book. (Unless you comment on how much you loved the scene involving the garden gnome ;) )

Also, yes I am making up for the two weeks I was gone, and for the five weeks I will be gone. (You can find out more about that on my other blog Me My Family and Africa )



Dandin shook his head. "You know-"

"That was incredibly stupid?" I finished the sentence for him. "Yeah."




Dandin shook his head and let out a rushed breath. "How can someone as smart as you always find yourself in such messes?"

"Genetics?"

His eyes narrowed.

"Its not my fault you take after mom." I threw my hands up the air. "Come one, please just help me out this one time." My eyes pleaded with him. "Please."




"I'm older than you."

"By two minuets, that hardly makes you the wiser one." I tossed another box on the stack of crates that leaned precariously to one side.




I glanced at my brother, smiling to myself. Dandin didn't ever tell anyone off, so when he did it was a sight. Especially because this time it was Jayden.




My brother is to polite for his own good, but it makes me love him all the more.




 "Dandin watch out for the-" I stopped and watched as my gentleman of a brother walked into the garden gnome with indescribable grace. He tripped and took a tumble straight into the Pintree bush. Adrianna covered her mouth as a hot flush crept up my brothers neck and accentuated his freckled cheeks.



"I'm not going to let you go through with this Lexi." Dandin's tone was harsh, but his ridged stance and jerky motions indicated he was more concerned than angry.

"Its in the best interest of everyone. It's not something I would do other wise." I ran my fingers through my short hair.

"I'd rather die." Dandin's fist clenched.





My eyes locked with Jayden's, as much as I hated it, I had no choice.  "Fine, you take care of Dandin." I let go of my brother's still hand. "But if anything happens to him-"

"He'll be fine." Jayden's eyes were unreadable "I promise."

"You better." I stepped away from Jayden. "I don't trust anyone, especially you."

Jayden glanced up, face indifferent. "I know."





1 comment: