Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Giving Characters Playlists


One of my favorite things to do is create "playlists" for each of my main characters. (and minor ones, give those extras a little love! :) )

For me this adds another level to my writing, and gets me in that character's mind set.  (For the record I write with only one POV, but I do like to get in my other characters head so they don't all sound like my MC's clone)

I'll give a couple examples.

1st up, I have some cocky/stubborn/etc. characters. However this one fits two of my character's perfectly.  (Lexi Above and Ash bellow)

A friend recommended this song for my reckless MC Lexi. (Bellow)



Here's one for Jayden (Bellow) He's the villain/betrayer.




And just an awesome Tintin one! (Not one of my characters :) )





There are a ton for each character. :) My friends often are better at finding these than I am. Do you ever listen to music when you write, or think "This song is perfect for____." ?



No comments:

Post a Comment