Thursday, July 19, 2012

Generating Story Ideas

Where do story ideas come from?

There have been many times that the well of ideas have been dry. Then there are the times that the well is full and overflowing. Here are a few ways I generate ideas:

Music: Listening to some good music. I listen to Kari Jobe, Britt Nicole, Brandan Heath. I listen to them when I draw as well.

Dreams: Sometimes a weird dream gives me a good idea or two. Sometimes there are just to crazy to get anything, however its worth a shot and its fun t laugh over of dreams. Look into keeping a dream journal. I need to get back into it.

Reading: Reading a good book is one of the best things. Don't be afraid to read outside of your usual Genre, breaking out of the usual helps me sometimes.

Memories: I remember stories, past experiences and work from there.

New Experiences: Take advantage of any kind of new experience, being a page, traveling to California, visiting relatives.

That's all I can come up with of the top of my head, what do you do to generate story ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment