Friday, May 17, 2013

REVIEW "The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet" by Stephanie Morrill

"The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet" was a very enjoyable book. Throughout the novel there is a "what's going to happen next" feel. For me it was the kind of book I wanted to keep reading but at the same time didn't because I knew it would end sooner.

I was a little disappointed that the focus was a bit more on Ellie's boy troubles than her book troubles. However, I hardly ever read books with romance (I hate to call it that, it's more like cute, relatable crushes, mixed with problems with dating) so keep that in mind, I'm more into action adventure and mysteries. Having said that, I really enjoyed the book, and have recommended it to some friends who are more into light teen romance type books. From what I've heard they think it's marvelous and I agree with them.

Stephanie Morrill did an excellent job making Ellie relatable, her issues real, and her story interesting. I enjoyed her cast of characters, from Ellie's picky grandmother to the girl's at school to Chase and Palmer. There is a lot of growth in Ellie (particularly with her relationship with her parents) and it was fun to read about her writer's journey, especially as I myself am an aspiring writer. There was a few points in the book where I got really nervous for Ellie, angry at one of the characters, or some other emotion, which for me is an indicator of a good book.

It wasn't hard to dive into Ellie's world, and I will certainly dive into it again this fall upon the second release of Ellie Sweet. Ellie was a light, sweet read. :)     


Purchase a copy of Ellie Sweet here.


1 comment:

  1. I finally got the book! Been reading it, and I am enjoy ing it. :)

    ReplyDelete